With mobile devices prevalent in our daily lives, learn how your business can start using mobile marketing to drive sales with this series of tips.
By the myBusiness techblog team
The increased adoption of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets has fundamentally transformed the way how today’s businesses engage local consumers. A recent research conducted by Nielsen indicated that mobile commerce penetration across all segments of online shoppers in Singapore grew by a staggering 660 percent in 20111. These research findings show just how quickly mobile commerce has taken off in Singapore, presenting great opportunities for businesses to tap on mobile devices as an avenue to market their products more effectively.
With the use of mobile devices becoming more pervasive, it is important to understand which mobile marketing tools best suit your organisation and help boost business performance. Here are a few quick tips on how you can get started on mobile marketing:
Plan your mobile strategy
- Define your strategy – It is always important to start with a set of specific business objectives when developing your mobile marketing campaign. Think about what you want to achieve out of the campaign, in order to make your mobile marketing tactics relevant to your customers.
- Choose the right tools – Understand more about the demographics of the target audiences you are trying to reach before deciding on the most effective mobile marketing tool to use.
- Adopt an integrated approach – Mobile marketing is most successful when they are well integrated with other media such as television and radio. On print media, Quick Response (QR) codes provide a useful option to drive traffic to your website.
Create your content
- Customise your content for mobile use – Always be mindful that that mobile consumers engage with content very different from other computing devices such as laptops. Keep your mobile content in bite-size pieces, especially for marketing through short messaging services (SMS) and apps, to enable greater ease of use to achieve better results.
- Keep it simple – While the latest smartphones and tablets have greatly enhanced the user experience and ease of mobile shopping, it helps to keep things simple to deliver an effective marketing message. Be aware of the limitations of handheld devices, and how features such as animation and other advanced functionalities may result in glitches that affect customer responses.
- Create an interactive and rewarding experience – Develop your mobile marketing campaign in a manner that translates into greater customer interaction and branding opportunities for your services. Reward the customers for their participation in your marketing campaigns – offer them incentives, such as discounts and rebates on their next purchase, to immediately fulfil their needs.
- Be secure – Do not underestimate the importance of providing customers the assurance that the necessary security measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access to user information.
Useful mobile marketing tools for your business
Depending on your line of business, products and target audiences, the best mobile marketing strategy for your organisation may vary. Some of the mobile marketing tools that are most commonly available include SMS, apps, and mobile advertising, with SMS being the one most predominantly used to target a large demographic of consumers in a flexible and cost-effective manner.
SMS marketing provides instant deliverability, visibility, and a high open rate. The instantaneous and mobile nature of SMS is ideal for gaining your customers’ attention while they are on the move and at any time of the day. By helping companies save time and money through automated communications, SMS marketing often translates to productivity gains and better customer service for growing enterprises as well.
One of leading SMS marketing tools that are used by an increasing number of businesses is sendQuick, a cloud-based messaging platform that allows organisations to send, reply and handle multiple SMS to various target audiences. sendQuick’s 2-way messaging option also increases interactivity and immediacy between potential clients and businesses to better fulfil changing consumer needs.
With mobile devices so integrated into our daily lives, isn’t it time for you to think about embracing mobile marketing for your business?
What do you think about mobile marketing? Do you have any good examples to share? Let us know in the comment box below!